Wednesday 6 February 2019

First look at Splintered Light's Sons of the Scarab

Baby scorpions from AlternativeArmies
Please forgive my less-than-stellar pictures.  New camera and gesso primed don't help-.

I intend these for Of Gods And Mortals,  Of Armies And Hordes plus my current pulp series using Rogue Stars.

I did an article on Egyptian OGAM back in October 18, when the kickstarter started.






Sons of Sebek  Big, beefy crocs with big no nonsense weapons.  These could lead a lizardman army.


Scorpion man.  Wow, 3 piece kit.  I can see several variations without trying-.  I've used him above with Alternative Armies small scorpions.  Rebels Scorpion Mech would add some Steampunk-.



Beast   A big beast,  7 piece kit!  If going SF, Pendrakens bugs and Rebel Miniatures Scorpion Mech and Terror Mites would fit right in--!



Cavalry.  6 beetles armed with spear.  The sculptor certainly knows his stuff, the shape of these is just perfect.




Mutants. 6 similar.  Humans melded to beetles.  I'm thinking very heavy infantry.  I can see these having to put head down and charge, using their bulk to smash the enemy.  Otherwise the human component would be quite vulnerable.


All the following have the scarab heads-.  Sizing is good for "true" 15mm such as Peter Pig.  As expected, I'm going to be happy to mix and add these to his chariots.

Command.  3 drummers, 3 standards, 3 sub officers or magicians, 3 beefy officers that are half bugs.  Fantastic!  I've kept some back to chariot-mount and magicians.



Spear  (all) 12, half shielded, half not.  Different size heads (helmets?)  and groin protection.


Guard as the spear but with a mace like staff weapon-----.



Archers  2 poses, very nice.



Khopesh.  2 poses, all shielded.  Nice action poses.  Rebel Miniatures mummy.


Conversions- 

These 2 would seem to be the easiest headswaps.  I got a pack of Peter Pigs wolf heads.  These would make jackals-.  Skeleton and elf heads abound.  I must look for seperate shields-.










My lesser efforts:

















1 comment: