Friday 28 September 2018

RS Going large - multi-scale options in Rogue Stars


I have fallen into a bad crowd. It's not their fault, they were lead astray whilst still young and impressionable. I cannot lie, they use – oh this feels so dirty- 28/32mm figures for Rogue Stars. I know! I know! I'm trying to wean them off the plastic pap and into proper heavy metal.

But there is a treatment. You just need to show them a better way. “How, how can we help these poor creatures?” I hear you cry. By being sneaky. Plus, there are organisations that can help. I'm using one called Alternative Armies (mostly) Grinning Skull range, which produces things that are multiscale without charging stupid prices.

You've seen me use these in my recent Moon campaign as the Brains from Uranus. There's a lot more there, go find it! http://unitrecon.blogspot.com/2018/07/rs-moon-games-becomes-2-extrapolate.html

Second there are the fowl beast I first got for my Yorkshire campaign: https://www.alternative-armies.com/search?q=chicken
http://unitrecon.blogspot.com/2018/03/rs-mutant-cocks-of-mars-tarantino.html

Hold on, here's the figures I used for Clin-ton and Trump-ton, those feindish invaders of Yorkshire:
https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/grinning-skull-miniatures/products/grnp02-zarglian-invaders-5


Dear reader, are you OK? Just relax, it's almost over. I know, a squid a figure! Still- sometimes you've just got to splash the cash.



So here are the assorted villains. Note the size, so in 15/18mm they are going to be big and bulky. I'd go with Big.

I'm going with Bounty Hunter as it's an option I've not used in some time. No decision on tactical discipline except to note that they do not leave a bear behind.

  1. Big, Fast, Medic, Tech, Tough 1 20 Vibroblade (3) 4 Total 24
  2. Big, Fast, Tough1, Marksman, 19, Vibroblade (3) 4 Sonic pistol (2) 6 Total 29
  3. Big, Fast, Tough1, Marksman, 19, Monowire tangler (3) 10 Total 29
  4. Big, Fast, Tough2, Leader1, Marksman 2, 39, Zap rifle, (4) 7 46
  5. Big, Fast, Tough2, Marksman 2, 33, Molecular slugthrower (4) 7 40
  6. Big, Ambidextrous, Fast, Marksman 1, 21 2 Flamer pistols (3) built in 16 Total 37
Total 205

Now to the thorny bigger scale - what was big becomes diminutive with no points change!  Same movement, same ranges.

  1. Diminutive, Fast, Medic, Tech, Tough 1 20 Vibroblade (3) 4 Total 24
  2. Diminutive, Fast, Tough1, Marksman, 19, Vibroblade (3) 4 Sonic pistol (2) 6 Total 29
  3. Diminutive, Fast, Tough1, Marksman, 19, Monowire tangler (3) 10 Total 29
  4. Diminutive, Fast, Tough2, Leader1, Marksman 2, 39, Zap rifle, (4) 7 46
  5. Diminutive, Fast, Tough2, Marksman 2, 33, Molecular slugthrower (4) 7 40
  6. Diminutive, Ambidextrous, Fast, Marksman 1, 21 2 Flamer pistols (3) built in 16 Total 37
Total 205

Watch the skies---.







No comments:

Post a Comment