Friday 21 September 2018

OGAM Sibling rivalry Zeus vs Posideon

In the Achaean Pantheon we have always favoured the "second rank", the kids. 

I cannot say why, but here we redress the balance at least in part.

I upped Legends to the 5 maximum and looked to do 1,250.

One of the reasons that I'd decided on this one was that I'd ordered a Chimera from Alternative Armies.  No approach to them- I'm so old I remember 2nd class post taking 2-3 days.  1 week and counting-.  So I was forced to hire this Rhinosaurus as a late substitute.  Please pretend not to notice---.  This thing can fly.  I'm beginning to think the best T shirt motto would be "Don't look up"
The players upon the stage:

Zeus Q2 C4 lightning, Bard, Tremble before my might, weather control 348
Legends
Harpy Q3 C2 Flying x2 60 each = 120
Medusa Q3 C3 Poison, Turn to stone 90
Stheno Q3 C3 Armoured, Turn to stone, 94
Eurale Q3 C3 Flying, Long, Turn to stone 120
Mortals
4 Chariots Q4 C2 Mounted, Long, Javelin Shoot short. 33x4= 132
City state infantry Q4 C2, Shielded, Dashing, Javelin Shoot short. 22x8 = 176
City state infantry Q4 C2 Shoot(M) Good shot 23x8 = 184

God 348
Legends 424
Mortals 492
Total 1,264

Posideon Q2 C4 Amphibious, Part waters, Release the kraken, Water god 280
Legends
Chimera Q3 C3 Cbt master, Poison, Shooter short, Flying, 112
Minotaur Q3 C3 Dashing, Labyrinth Armoured, Mounted 104
Theseus Q3 C3 60
Charioteer Q3 C3 Armored, Mounted 84 x 2 168

8 Seapeoples (CO) Q4, C3, Armored, Dashing 8x 39 = 312
Archers Q4 C2 Shoot medium 7x 20 = 140
Javelin Q4 C1 Shooter short 8x 11 = 88

God 280
Legends 444
Mortals 540
Total 1,264

Tony took Poseidon and won the initiative.  Initial placement see above.  He took the swap for a puddle option rather than the wet edge.

Initiative swapped quick and I ramp up Zeus and let him loose!  The Chimera and Minotaur resist the lightning but Perseus and 1 chariot hero goes down.   Beat that Oh Tim!






The Chimera moves in-.


Crashes into my chariots - and dies.  Do what!  That was - unexpected!


That frees my Legends to advance in a Tarantino (Reservoir Dogs) significant walk line.


My chariots, amazed, charge!



They are joined by Stheno.


Eurale of the long Move supports my flank.


Here comes the relief-.



My chariots try to evade, but fail!


Bull!


Note the poor archer turned to stone at rear of unit.  Missile troops threaten my girls, my infantry begin to move on his - or that was the plan.


Pushed back-. Harpie joins in but I could never get them ganged up-.


Meanstwhile, on the other flank the remaining chariot hero starts to rumble.


Everything in balance.


Clash!


The infantry get ground down by the Minotaur, slowly going back.


The ladies regroup way from the pointy sticks.



Having pushed my spear back, the Seapeoples wheel and crash into the archers!


Amazing, they are repulsed!


The charioteer!


The Harpie moves to protect the archers flank.


Crunch!  She gets crushed beneath the galloping hooves-!



Eurale tries her hand at the archers.  Using the stoned one as cover from the javelins.


Fighting everywhere-.


The ladies close in, mercilessly hitting one after another.


One gets turned to stone, and Poseidon finally moves!


As does Zeus.  I was beginning to think that chariots were natural Faraday cages, but from behind-.




Zap!




Poseidon starts hunting the girls.  The chariot bounces off the archers!  These are 'ard bastards!



Medusa is first to go.


Stheno next.



Finally Eurale.


With the ladies out of the way, spare troops ably to pray - the Kraken is raised!



Huge big thing in a puddle, god with lightning bolts-.


He flings!  It's down!


Quick pose for the portrait of the film.


Brother knocked down by another bolt.


You'd think it was going all my way,  but there's the remnants of the light troops to get a-preying.


I find it useful to lay the factors out:
Zeus rolled a 1 and has a C of 4.
Poseidon rolled a 2, C of 4 but had 3 from activations.
As Zeus was beaten by other 3, he was deaded. Even 6:1 in my favour would have been 10 v 8, pushback.


All of mine went back 1 on morale.  So I could have gotten Zeus up again, but we'd run out of time.  I had 1 complete and 2 partial units.  Tony had 3 partial and 1 legend.  I think he won - just!

I deliberately left this one until we'd had a refresher, but these powerful gods can do a lot.  Needs practice!  I've plans for a nearly all-new line-up for Poseidon.  Watch this space!












I put the faintest wash on Zeus's hair.  Need to do the eyes.


I redid the base, looks good!





No comments:

Post a Comment