Tuesday 14 February 2023

Finishing a Stargate old Skool method.

 

First, catch your Stargate.  (Other devices are available)  I got this one from (I think)  The Scene but I'm not sure.

I've had it a few years, used it as a backdrop.  It's looking a bit rough.  As it's a centrepiece of my current campaign it needs a bit of a makeover.  Would have been an ideal lockdown project as everything was to hand.

Base is a pre-cut one picked up from somewhere -  base is covered with 40mm bases.  Pyramids are rubbers (erasers) from the British Museum.  Pendant I finally agreed on is a one-off find.  The idea of a control panel in front of the gate always seemed a strange idea.



I tried a CD. but that was too thick in my view.  So- the plastic cover from a CD pack is ideal.  The hole cannot be ignored so instead I used it.  From the remnant I cut 2 other sections.  These were all glued with good old UHU.  Once dried a layer of UHU was added.



Decision time.  I could have added another layer of UHU, possibly with a wash over the top.

I have clear Hard As Nails and a wash first then this layer would probably work.

I got this PVA glitter from either Poundland or The Works (UK) I've used it for glass, shattered glass for rubble or window areas.  Works for water effect as well.
 

Half way!


Test with a CD at the back.



Took forever to dry!    Hmmmmmm-



Inspiration.




2 comments:

  1. First thing that popped into my head as I started to read was to use a CD. Then I read that you tried that first and then used the plastic cover instead. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers. I like the "bubbly layered" look I've achieved.

    ReplyDelete