Monday 11 March 2019

Lasercut Scenery- Don't throw away the matrix!

I had this idea rattling around the back of my head for a while.

If you buy a lasercut building (or whatever) the matrix (the outer it comes in) is the right size for the garden, grounds, what have you.

So I kept some.  Then on a scenery day I had a go. One pan scourer, CD's, generic no-more-nails and a bit of Uhu.


And when you cut the CD's use those bits too!







 To date I haven''t finished them.  It doesn't take much, after all, they're just a big base.

Here's the first one in use.  I've added epoxy "water" since.


Then I went to Beach Head 19
at Bournemouth.  I bought this large desert building.  It's quite complicated so has a fantastic big matrix. 

Two cake stands from Poundland (another Tony find- they don't warp!) smothered in my usual (Poundland) generic no-more nails, pressed in and a coat of acrylic paint with PVA (once dry, left overnight)  Peter Pig buildings for contrast.






I bought these ruins which left really funky shapes.  I had intended just to base them, but I went a bit mad.  Dungeon anyone?  Hint- don't be afraid to break them up.

Planning.


My bag of bits.  I'm starting to make a dent now-.






Don't stay within the lines!




 Work In Progress!



Latest batch, smaller "connetors" based on not-credit cards and inserts.  This batch used up a near-done no-more-nails and lots of bits.  Took less than an hour and cost?  under 75p.





First use.  Needs light grey dry brush.  Watch this space.














No comments:

Post a Comment