Saturday 16 April 2022

Rogue Stars Trouble at't Venusian mill revisits.



Since we did this one recently (7 March) it's proved popular with our local Wednesday group.  I took a few pics and will give you a brief overview.  Alas, I do't have enough to do me usual job but I hope it will encourage you to take my ideas, run with them, slap 'em up against the wall then recycle as firelighters.



The grassy knoll.  First one was me 'n Matt.  As per the first one I diced for the the defenders original positions.


Here come the bad guys, a few arrows fly, pistol shots.


In dashes Xenephon who takes out the cook.


Now Vince trounces the young master! Round the back the leader kills the Boss!



I was going to change the effect of the smell grenades to 1stress/1pin and a flee move if within 2".  Plus a "smelly puddle" to be avoided.  But I didn't and these flee the pong - far.


The old girl moves (failed "morale" at turnover)  Random dice moves.


Another one struck down!


Off she goes!


Finally one is shot down by the Gaffer but it's too late, the mill is overrun!




Game 2.  Matt took the defenders and me the Venusians.  Matt placed his in defence.


First up my leader is shot by the Boss at long range, wounded!


The fence proves a difficult obstacle and then out she comes!


With a tailslap she leaves a parting gift.


That was all I got as it got a bit frantic & my phone battery is a bit decrepit.  Suffice to say that pistols brought my poor chaps down.


Entoyment - well it's been since the Thursday before the first lockdown.  Tables a bit too big & the place was crowded and not over ventilated'

First game was young Barry using the Venusians with initiative.  I diced for rough position.  Matt played umpire and the big lady.

NOT the start!  Matt uses small dice (no respecter of thick fingers)  red for stress, yellow for pins, red for wounds.  Other for other effects including empty gun or bow.  Barry proved master of the very long shot taking out the Colonel & his missus.  Fast moving attackers took out Mr Smyth and attacked the young master AND savagely beat up the poor triceratops!



The young 'un did quite well, ducking & diving.  Ambidextrous & hail of fire puts a LOT of lead in the air.


He's put down by an arrow skimming over the top of the wood.  The gaffer ran on morale & the cook attempted first aid intervention.


A quick aside on the 32mm provided terrain.  Um, they have no idea have they?  Never done a quick google-  Quite nice though.


Second Game was a 3-way betwix consenting adults.  Both Barry and I had lizard teams and Matt had his own mercs.  I photographed the sheet but failed to check - alas, it was unreadable.

Barry, based to the right,  I was bottom left & Matt top left.

Barry placed one of his archers up high, in cover and again proved the master of the long shot.  

Here he has one down while the other moves in. 

A couple more heads Barry's way as I'm not doing well in the reaction stakes.  (you dice off for them when available)

A couple come for me!

Another complication for Barry.

First one of mine - headshot and dead.


Faced with only 1 up front, I start to stalk.

That's Barry's leader --  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArNz8U7tgU4


Barry's being pummelled and I can't get off the base!

I had another badly injured despite heavy cover.  Mine went down to head shots and poor rolling!


Game 3 and a change of pace.  Matt has this free trader group based on some obscure TV programme?   Gor bless GZG.

Dense terrain and an alien statue that imbues psi talents.  NB, there are 20 of these and we diced.


I managed to get it sight of the damn thing, but a lizard archer got there first and gained healing.  With this and the natural abilities of the beasts I was outclassed--.




Crom! Not that it did me any good!  Now the beast get in close--.

The Captain is down, but avenged.




The poor pilot ends up fighting them off, aided by shooting from the desperate doctor.



But then the doctor attracts attention.


Alas her the company is sundered.


Game 4.  I put this corporate team together for the follow - on game.  My point man goes down at maximum (12") range!




The crew make haste in touching the idol-.


I advance in good order, but the Captain gains teleport, ends up at the rear of my column and blows 2 away-- My phone gave out here despite my frugal use.





1 comment: