Monday 28 January 2019

A quick apology

Dearest readers.  I have been hauled, correctly, over the coals.

Here in sunny Dorset in the for-the-moment united Kingdom it is easy to forget that there are readers out there to whom English and our sense of humour is not common practice.  We imagine the odd colonial hunched over their clockwork computer in some wooden hut, pining for the merry comforts of old England.

I do, I confess to using lettuce instead of let us, wot instead of what (a word that has always seemed wrong-) and have a liking for meanstwhile instead mean while or at the same time.

I cannot begin to apologise for the inuendo and wordplay in the titles.  For instance Waddi El Appen is a play on what the hell happened.

Now I must touch on culture.  The Goons (you can tell when I have been listening to Radio 4 extra)  Proper Dr Who.  Dalek second empire.  A plethora of TV and film.  All flavour my thinking.

I tend to game these influences.  I enjoy making these segments come to life.  These give quality and a goal.  My main aim is to have fun.  I don't do competition and competitive gaming, I lack that streak.

Overall, I aim to have fun and to offer to you, dearest reader, the fruits of my labours in the hope that you will learn from them.  To use what we find workable and avoid the fruitless.

Sirs, I beg to remain your most humble servant.



No comments:

Post a Comment