Monday 17 January 2022

Beach Head planning 4. Getting close, too close!


Funny old times.  Christmas, 3 weeks of keeping tidy, split tooth, horrendous cold and near lock down.

5 weeks to go.  Most things are started.  Scenery getting there.  Figures being painted.  Rules purchased. 




What I need is to invoke the Goddess Smiley, Smiley Carol Smillie.  

Cue the music & the montage!

I need a montage.

Everyone deserves a montage!

Building bases.  These bits of card - templates.  Using CD's as thinner & don't warp.


 Town Cellars/Wool Hall tower and "admin" building.

Ten million plusses to Blotz.  They came through again with this request! 

https://blotz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_28_294&products_id=2322

I bought 2.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do the tower & ancillary building.

Inside details.  I painted the internal doors- for once they aren't separate, and put some hard as nails to add texture to the walls.

I'd cut the base out before.  Now it's time to sort.  Church style buildings are so rare!  Considering how common they are.  I found this one looking for a tower.  https://timelineminiatures.co.uk/product/15mm-scale-buildings-15mm-norman-church

Offering up the base - perfect.  I had a plan to use tower & cut down second hall - but this fits so well!  Mark out & glue down.  Once dried I assembled the building on the spot.

1/3 road, 1/3 building 1/3 open space.

The metal dome was a "feature,  I'm guessing that it was a landmark.  It would shine and give the location of the harbour. 40x40 base and half an easter egg I got a load cheap last year from - Iceland.  Then I try and get rid of the tabs--.  I should have pre painted the edge of the building base.


Before and after flocking.


I cut these down to make them more waterline.


Quick work on the famous door pavises.  Base coat - working on it.


First baddies.  2 retinue spear, 2 each levy javelin and crossbow.  Command - coming along.


Here's my "to do" list of figures using standard DBA terms:


Catalans

3 Generals

1 household troops French 4bd  15mm

10 Levy foot  

4 CB  3 bw, 20mm

6 Javelin 3 ax 20mm

7 Retinue foot, 

2 CB 4 bw, 20mm

5 Spear  15mm


This breaks down into 3 commands and the French:

General 1  2 Retinue Spear.  2 Levy Javelin.  2 levy CB. Started, command to finish


General 2  2 Retinue Spear. 2 Levy Javelin.  2 levy CB.


General 3  1 Retinue Spear.  2 Retinue CB.   2 Levy Javelin. 


Locals are a little less formal. Still 3 Generals/commands. A relief, commands at the church and wool hall.


Relief:

1 General.  Started.

1 Household foot. 4bd

1 Retinue bill.  4bd Started.

2 Retinue archers. 4 Bw Started.


Townies:

2 Generals Started.

Upgrades 2 Retinue Bill.  1 Retinue bill. Started.

10 Levy: 

5 archers, 3 Bw Fast 20mm Done.

5 bill.  4 bl Started.

8 civilians. 1x 7 horde  30mm rest 5 horde. Done.









 


No comments:

Post a Comment