Sunday 16 January 2022

Beach Head game 3 Ground Work.

 


An unseen xmas bonus.  Table cleared (annual event) gives me just about room to sort the table out.

I'm layering:

Blue under area making the first wet level.  I'm very happy with this foam, like a thin mouse mat and very cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StoffBook-Camel-RUBBER-FABRIC-MATERIAL/dp/B06XXYVNTK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2BEOYWXI2RC4T&keywords=StoffBook+Camel+FOAM+RUBBER+2MM+CRAFT+FABRIC+MATERIAL+%2C+c457%28Camel%29&qid=1640178169&s=kitchen&sprefix=stoffbook+camel+foam+rubber+2mm+craft+fabric+material+c457+camel+%2Ckitchen%2C296&sr=1-1

Brown area the foreshore area.  The difference between the water and mud in Poole bay is more a gradual change than the defined line of a tidal area.  If you come here in high summer you can experience the full Ankh Morpork experience.  For the full tourist experience pop down to Baiter area and watch the towns output fountain.

The town area.  Poole sits on a spit of land.  Most of that has been reclaimed by dumping waste on the shore.  A lot of that is oyster and other shellfish.  Come to Poole Quay and catch crabs.

These foam tiles have the right grey look.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GXBKYBT/ref=twister_B09N1H2LMQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1


First layering.


Tiles cut down, hill assembled from 1 tile & offcuts.  Starting to plan.  Latex roads, I toyed with using.


My favourite ink Antelope Brown (a polite name for green poo) coat. on both.


I add a bottle of opal glitter from Poundland.  This stuff goes far! 


Now a layer of clear hard as nails.




Cardboard (more Amazon, this time packaging)  to help plan out the scenics, marking the roads.



This is a representation, NOT a scale model, but I think I've got the right feel.


View down Thames Street.


The church was probably closer to the water, but there was a boatyard between.



Road Works.  A bit of trial and error, an old retractable blade proved best at shaving the pile.   Once reduced a thin skim of good old hard as nails.  That's nearly a tube gone, £1! 




Wet work.  First paint on roads, dirty brown wash over most.  At first it looks too brown, then it dries.  You have to pound the paint in.




Thames Street building bases.   Small area scenics - perfect for CD's.  I'm considering small  industrial areas or a well.  I bought wells, now if I can find them--  (no. 95)   https://www.peterpig.co.uk/21%20%20Scenery.html




Start with the busy end-  




The hill - I left it to last, didn't glue it together or nuffin.  Now I add a whole tube of hard as nails.  hen undercoat, finally 3 flocks from Geek Gaming.  
I tack the underside with superglue.

Once I get the hill done I can start working on the areas around it.  I add tufts to locate the hill, plus a line to define are on hill.




Now Flocking On! Back to the town area.




Now I have to do flocking (the) building bases.












No comments:

Post a Comment