Friday 16 August 2024

OGAM 24 Olympics - first games!

 

What a day!  We got through 4 games.  Now I've got to try and make sense!  

Thoughts 1)  I have 12 armies in a box each and I've still figures left

The running order.  Original order.

Hades vs Hera  Played.  Hades won.
Hermes vs Dionysus  Played.  Hermes won.
Poseidon vs Artemis  Played.  Poseideon won.
Aphrodite vs Pan
Apollo vs Ares
Athena vs Hephaestus

Second round.

Hades vs Hermes.  Played. Hades won.

Poseidon vs Aphrodite or Pan

Third round

Hades

Silver order

Hera vs Artemis

Bronze order.

Hermes



Game 1 Round 1 Hades vs Hera  Easton & me.  Easton decided to go on the defensive and deployment got real interesting.





Hades takes out Menelaus.


Chariot vs archers - the field was so spread I had difficulty finding someone safe enough to invoke.


Starting to manoeuvre and whittle.


The action starts to clump. On this wing-




Hera kills Spot - and I didn't get a picture!


Meastwhile in the centre-- 


Hera struck down!


Clumping on the edge - dangerous.


The lost.



She's brought back by the Myrmidons and an epic battle between the chariots.



Close but the chariot bounces.


Now the real battle of the chariots, Achilles gets dead, rolled a 1!




Hades humps troops.


Surrounding Hera doesn't work, she shifts into shadow then reforms and smites the chariot.  Unfortunately she bounced.



Fight, bounce and then - it's all over.



Game 2 Round 1  Hermes vs Dionysus  Matt and me.

More of a linear deployment.  I diced for drunk - marked with an amber blank dice.


I tried confounding the archers using 3, they shrugged that off.  The idea was to then send in the clubbers.


The problem with low Q (the drunk ones are Q5 C2)  is that turnovers are very quick!


Hydra enbeggins.


I move close in the hope of getting some of mine to move!


Ouch!


They fight eventually.


For some reason there's a real big gap around the hydra.



Go! Kill the cyclops!.  Bugger.


Not what I wanted!


Big crunch.


Strategic retreat.


This is why I wanted to clobber the cyclops.


Personal touch.



That's going to sting in the morning!


Last of the mortals so game over!

Game 3 Round 1 Poseidon vs Athena  Easton and Tony.

I was playing the other game, so I have a few pictures.  That's a shame, 'cos this was an epic game that we will reproduce with 2,000 points or so.

Poseidon died 3 times.  Once from 3 archers. Artemis then the Nemeanion lion

The Kraken died 4 times, 3 by Artemis and once by lion.

At the end Poseidon had 1 8 unit of javelins intact.  Both chariot legends and the 5th Kraken.

Artemis had 10 - odd mortal humans ans 1 deer left (no 4) units.

It took Poseidon, the Kraken and a chariot legend 3 attempts to kill her.










Game 1 Round 2 Hades vs Hermes.  Matt and me.

I didn't do a good job of recording this one.  Suffice to say Hermes was totally outclassed.  If there was terrain he could hide behind---.

Hades, who chose attack mode, and Spot tear into units.  I lose the cyclops straight off.




I'st death


The result-




Bundle the hydra.




He's back!


Heroes get shoved off table.


More grinding.




Clash!  Clash of Titans.  Undead aren't effected.  Blue dice = awed. 




  
And then it was over-  We started at 14.00 and finished at 21.00 without rushing.








































































No comments:

Post a Comment