Saturday 18 December 2021

Beach Head Planning 2 St James's church (Poole) and movement bases.

 Late December.  A new covid surge.  Everything is being cancelled.  Getting motivation is very difficult.  I'm trying to remember that this is for more than one game/event.

The Church.  There are very few model churches out there.  Considering how common they are, plus the original concept was to provide a local rallying area and strongpoint.

This one is from Pendraken/Minibits:  https://www.pendraken.co.uk/nred-15m-01-nescomb-church-6009-p.asp

The Parish Church of St. James stands at the S.W. end of the old town 160 yds. N. of the Quay; the walls are faced with Purbeck stone ashlar and the roofs are slate-covered. The present building stands on the site of the mediaeval church which had become dilapidated and was demolished in 1819.

Base is from Warbases.  Wall sections were from a bin of bits at Beach Head.  I tried heating and bending, but that didn't work, but their base came off easy and I just snapped them into bits.   No guesses that hard as nail used to mount.  You'll note that for once I don't skim the base.

LET IT DRY!

https://warbases.co.uk/product-category/bases/terrain-bases/



Church assembled and placed.


Walls painted dark grey, high lighted light grey.  Stone & shrubbery painted.  Base painted 50/50 paint & PVA.  You know what I'm going to say?  Overnight!


Flocking is quite light as bases will be added.  Note the path goes into the porch.



Hitting the hair spray - don't do varnish.  Nitpicking.  White highlights on stone & roof.  Outer edge might need touching up once pay surface sorted.  I had planned to pop out to Entoyment, grab a table and work on it.  Plus the stuff in my locker, after 3 nearly years has reached mythic status.  




Movement bases.  The 3 "boat bases" are designed to carry the 3 attacking commands.  I'm toying with the idea of adding matchstick stops.  I'll see what happens later.

Round ones are 2 CD's stuck togever with gorilla glue.  Note - this leaves a slightly rough edge, perfect for picking up for people like me!

Third was a small terrain base, Blotz this time: https://blotz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_46_218&products_id=2035

All same method.  Covering of my go-to product harder as nails then cardboard pressed in.  The mess is then shaped.  All told I spent 40p on hard as nails on this bit.

2 flocks later.  This one is designed to convey the relief force.  This is so useful I might make more.

Not finished.  Once I get my "wet" on theses will match.




No comments:

Post a Comment