Tuesday 27 September 2022

Of Gods and Mortals Sacred City handbags at dawn.

 

This, again, is bit of a cop out.  I had planned - but failed to implement.

I got a big (for me) order from Charlie Foxtrot.  I added a load of single 2p bases as these are just perfect for OGAM legends.  Trouble is, I didn't count.  Did for the rest, but not these.  So I started doing the Egyptian ones I had to hand and then I realised I had 2 left!  Bigger order to follow!  

https://www.charliefoxtrotmodels.com/collections/movement-trays-for-models-on-2p-coins


Aphrodite. Q2 C3 Transfix.  Love conquers all.  Breathtaking beauty.  272

Legends 

Amazon Princess, Q3 C3 Mounted, Long, Shoot Short, good shot. @ 102 

 

Pandarus (archer) Q3 C3 Shooter M.  Good shot  76

 

Aeneas(chariot?)  Q3 C3 Mounted Armoured 84

 

Trojan Mortals

2x 4 Javelin Q4 C2 Shoot S Greedy.  Dashing @19  4 = 152

2x 8 Spear Q4 C2, Greedy 192

2x 4  Archers & slingers Q4 C1 Greedy.  Sh M @ 17 = 136


God 272
Legends 252
Mortals 480
1,004

 


Hera Q2 C3 Shadow form, Breathtaking beauty, Tremble before my might. 200

 

Legends

Idomeneus of Crete  Mounted Armoured Shooter S good shot. 96

 

Ajax the Mighty, Q3 C4  Armoured 90

 

Achilles  Q3 C3 Dashing.  Invulnerability.  118

 

 

Mortals

6 Jav  Q4 C2 Shooter short @ 18  = 108

4 Cretan city spearmen.  Q4 C2 Shooter short. @ 15 = 60

4 Cretan city archers  Q4 C2 Shooter Long.  Good shot. @ 22 = 88

8 Myrmidons  (brown armour) Q4 C3 Dashing. Shooter S.  @ 30 = 240

 

God 200

Legends 304

Mortals 496

1,000

 

 


I pulled out (from underneath the sink - wherelse do you keep scenery?)   My original Troy, as no-one yet has done the town buildings.


 

The Game - setup.







Now it begins.  


Hera swings her celestial handbag,  legends are knocked over, mortals awed (white dice)


Myrmidons are first into the fray. Archers are shattered.



Then into contact with the spear who are still ducking.


Chariot supported with javelin.  Again the archers take the brunt.


My spear get "de awed" and give ground.



On this flank Hera's forces press on.


Charge!


Trying to push my other flank out.


One use of a god - stay within a long of the boys and encourage them to great things.


My spear keep get pounded, but they're holding on!




Meanstwhile my other flank, javelins are repulsed and my spear get squeezed.




Achilles kills the Maiden.


Turning the corner - not good.


Aeneas kills Achilles - he rolled a 1-.



That's a big hole--


Pounded!


Relief!


Still my spear hold on.


The press of war.


Those javelins look awful lonely.  But they smash their rivals!





Hera winds up her handbag---



Aphrodite clobbered!



My spear have finally had enough.  My centre has now gone---.


Aeneas bounces off, then is shot back further.




Now the race is on to stop Aphrodite's return.


Javelins say no----



Phew!  She's back!  And slightly miffed.




Time to turn the tide!


Shoved back!


Tied melee - 



Another legend goes - 


Myrmidons pushed back.



Ignoring my javelins!


Another tied melee!  That was close, real close -


There are still troops on my flank, fortunately they don't seem eager.


Another showdown looums.


Now my javelins attract attention.



Mighty Ajax gets up with an "owww"  and attempts to shaft Aphrodite.


Everyone piles in.






A pause -


Still making a stand!



Aphrodite hides behind the boys.



Ajax - another tied - doesn't go so well for him.
 

My spear shoved back.  They must be getting giddy.


Myrmidons, spear and  Aphrodite oh my-



Not -- good.


And again--


Shoved off the board!  And that's it!

 


 

 

 Game 2.  This one turned out a bit - different.







I did a wee bit of painting and basing.  Gor bless Geeks base ready.  This is Mediterranean cut with cork dust. 





This game is brought to you by--


So- half time (well, second day) Change ends.







Get right in - but clash of titans.  Good- 



This flank deja vu all over again!


So the plan was - advance the javelins to block then in with the chariots to mash the awed enemy!


That worked well-


Aphrodite moves back.  


Maiden advances and javelin shoved back. 


Blocking while others recovered.


Archers can kill---



Not good but at least not a turnover.


Using the 2 reactions, one to reach, one to hit - Aphrodite gets a win!




One!  Again!  Might just as well charge in!



Clobbered - then pushed back by the archers.


Up steps the maiden, a reaction allows Achilles to plow in - but - he rolls a 1 again and goes down in the flames of rewenge!



This - is - not - going- well!


Getting a bit cramped!  I still need to get rid of the awed!


Out she pops!  Down she goes.



Well that's trimmed things down.


Preying and up she pops again.



One down-


Hera goes into shadow form.


Myrmidons get picked on.



Hera gets a tied result with archers - that's embarrassing.


Another tied result.  Myrmidons lose one and the maiden goes down.  Best put it that way round-.


Hello boys!



Spearmen engage Myrmidons, Javelin vs javelin.  Push, shove, throw.



Everyone's at it!



Aphrodite proves she's no push - over!



Myrmidons chase the spear off!


Battlefield is getting smaller & smaller.


That's - cheating! Spear are chased and pounded.



Ok, just all cram in together like a sword & sandals epic!


Tony rolls a 6, I roll a 1 -  Bitchslapped.
 


So I've this one 4 left--.





No comments:

Post a Comment