Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Traders I spotted at Beachead.

Last weekend I went to Beachead 2017 in Bournemouth. There's a few companies I saw that I'm going to keep my eye on:

The Square. No suprise there, I've had a steady stream of stuff of him and will always pick up something – in fact I spent ½ my budget on stuff, several bits you will see soon! One beastie I picked up was from a range called planet X- I'll see what else is available-. This week I bought destroyed machinery and some Egyptian ruins.

http://www.thesquare-wargames.co.uk/

I also noticed a nice set of 25mm walls that would do excellent for the surround of a Chinese courtyard or the outer top of a Spanish fortification with added mini-minaret style towers. I hope to put in an order for Fisticuffs.

Plus a nice homestead that looked rough, ideal for a colonial setting. There's a dark ages set as well.

Sgt's Mess. I spent a lot with them, log barriers and dead cows I painted up for Sundays game (coming soon).  Again, their scale is 20mm but - so what.  Their modus operandi is to present you with the odd and unusual. Proper job.

http://www.sgtsmess.co.uk/


Blotz is my no.1 MDF terrain manufacturer at the moment. I bought a pig stye you'll see in use, a sweet little gypsy caravan and a water wheel I'd have used last week. I couldn't resist the victorial gateway that I hope will suit my fencing. 

If you see 20mm, don't be put off, get it unless you have mini true-scale 15mm.

All the items are being scaled, so if you see something in another scale, the gentleman is very approachable and open to suggestions.

http://blotz.co.uk/

Same can be said of the owner of Wargamesterrain workshop. Now you may want to sit down. His stuff is inovative and sensibly priced. There's some nice dragons, a dragon skeleton/remains, fungi, alien plants and some very nice alien beasties- some of which would make excellent not-dinosaurs. I bought the Tori gate that I hope to get together soon.

http://wargamesterrainworkshop.co.uk/

That's it, please follow the links. I have not solicited freebies or any other inducement. I've seen it, liked it, bought it.